Well, it’s been a while to say the least since I’ve given you guys any sort of content. I’m sorry, mostly toward myself… I feel like I’m not giving my blog the amount of attention I really intended, but I spend a lot of time thinking about it. On top of not necessarily knowing what to post about, my computer is also on its last limb…
That being said, this week I wanted to meal prep my lunches, which is something I want to start doing regularly… and eventually prep my dinners too. For me, especially come December, when I start my big girl job, leading into busy season, I will not have time during the week to worry about tomorrow’s lunch. And this was the most perfect recipe. I posted it on my Snapchat story, and I got several requests for the recipe, and I figured you might be interest as well.
Here’s the recipe I used:
Servings: 4 x 1 cup
Macros: 46 C, 3 F, 10 P
- 2 1/2 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup low fat Italian dressing
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta to al dente, according to package. While pasta is cooking, prepare vegetables. Mix prepared vegetables with dressing in large mixing bowl. Once pasta is fully cooked, drain and rinse. Add cooked pasta and cheese to vegetable mixture, and mix again. Chill overnight to marinade vegetables for best taste, but edible immediately.
Like all the recipes I like to share, or plan to share, this can easily be altered to anyone’s preferences. You could definitely add more or different vegetables or a different dressing or some grilled chicken to increase the protein. Next time I plan to make this pasta salad, I honk I’m going to add some cauliflower or carrots. This, in my opinion, is just a really great simple lunch or covered dish recipe.